Accessing local storage
Once you have signed in, you'll need to connect Virtual Lab to your local storage (files that are stored on your own computer or device) by doing the following:
- Launch the software or application you want to use.
- Locate the Citrix Workspace icon in the lower right area of the Windows task bar (near the time).
- Right click the Citrix Receiver icon and choose Connection Center.
- Click on the yellow folder and padlock icon with a label like VLABMCSGNRL## and select Preferences.
- Choose the File Access tab, then choose the level of access to your local storage (the storage on your computer) that you want Virtual Lab applications to have. Please Note: Read and Write access is recommended.
- Select OK.
- Select Close.
- Return to the application, and you should be able to open a file from your local machine or device. You should look for folders named "Local Disk" or"Removable Disk". Please note: Do not use "Desktop", "Documents", and "Downloads" folders, as these refer to locations on the Virtual Lab Server.