Each team comes with a General channel by default with the option to create additional channels that represent topics, work groups, or themes. Channels are be visible to everyone or you have the option to create a private channel. [see screenshot]
Create a new channel
Click on More options […] next to the Team name > Add channel > provide a name for your channel > choose Standard or Private channel > Add
Go to our Notifications information to learn how to manage notifications and alerts, or click Notifications in the left navigation.
Creating a Standard Channel in Teams creates a corresponding folder in the SharePoint Document library. [see screenshot]
If you create a folder in SharePoint that exists outside of the channels, you can sync that folder to Teams.
- From the SharePoint Document library, click +New > select folder.
- Name your folder and upload or create files within this folder, as needed.
- Open the Teams client.
- Click More options [...] next to the name of the Team where you want to sync your folder. [see screenshot]
- Select Add a channel.
- Name the channel the exact same name as the folder in SharePoint.
- Go to the Files tab in Teams and you will see the files have synced from the folder in the SharePoint Document library.
Team owners can bring back a channel that was deleted.
- Hover over team name and click on More options [...] to the right of the name
- Click Manage team
- Select the Channels tab from the top menu
- Below all of your Active channels, click on the Deleted dropdown option. [see screenshot]