All students, faculty, and staff at KU are listed in the Global Address List and do not need to be added as a contact. You would add a contact in Outlook for someone that is external to KU.
How to create an external contact
- Open Outlook and click on the People tab in the bottom left.
- Click New Contact. [see screenshot]
- Enter in the contact's details and click Save & Close when finished. [see screenshot]
Using contact groups saves time in creating emails and meetings with the same group of people. Contact groups can include KU members and people external to KU.
How to create a group
- Open Outlook and click the People button in the bottom left.
- Click New Contact Group.
- Click Add Members.
- Choose From Outlook Contacts to add existing contacts, or choose From Address Book to select from members of KU. [see screenshot]
- After adding members, click Save & Close.
How to message a group
- Open Outlook and go to the People tab.
- Double click on the contact group to open it.
- Select either Email or Meeting. [see screenshot]
- A message will open with the group added to the To field already.
- Enter in the details and click Send.