Excel - Intermediate
You should have basic computing skills (i.e. using a mouse and keyboard, formatting text, and saving and organizing files). Attendees should have a basic understanding of Excel including:
- Deleting and renaming worksheets
- Selecting content from an entire worksheet as well as content specific to a row or column
- How to complete data entry using various keys (tab, arrows, enter)
- Basic computing skills (i.e. using a mouse and keyboard, formatting text, and saving and organizing files)
By the end of class, attendees will understand how to work within the Excel environment to better leverage its functionality. This course will cover working with cell ranges and tables, creating data validation drop-down lists for data entry, conditional formatting, removing duplicate records, an introduction to more advanced functions, and creating and modifying charts and other visual elements. Attendees will be given the opportunity to work within Excel with instructor assistance so that real-world applications can be understood and practiced.
For this course, attendees will need an active KU Online ID. No additional hardware, software, or account permissions are needed.
By the end of this course, attendees will be able to:
- Sort and filter data in a cell range
- Find and replace data in an Excel workbook
- Create and manage tables
- Use conditional logic to format cells.
- Remove duplicate records using best practices
- Create and format Charts.
- Microsoft Excel
- Tour & Terminology
- Navigating & Selecting
- Cell ranges
- Sort & Filter data
- Find data
- Replace data
- Use split screens to access different parts of a worksheet.
- Data Validation
- Create a named range
- Use data validation for consistent data entry
- Introduction to Logical statements
- Conditional formatting
- Create a table
- Sort & filter table data
- Use table references in formulas and functions
- Duplicate records
- Identify duplicate records
- Remove duplicates
- Group rows and columns
- Create charts
- Create Sparklines
- Create SmartArt