Manage Members & Permissions
Currently, there are three permission groups in a Team:
- Owner - max of 100 per Team.
- Member and Guest - max of 5000 per Team.
- Guests are users external to KU.
Permissions apply to the entire permission group and cannot be customized for individuals.
Add people and assign roles
- Click on the More options [...] next to the Team name and select Manage Team. [see screenshot]
- Under Members, you can see who is in the Owner, Member, and Guest groups.
- Owners can remove Members and Guests by clicking the "X" on a person's name. [see screenshot]
- Owners can change the Role of a member or owner by clicking on their current role. [see screenshot]
- The Guests role cannot be changed.
- Add a new member by clicking Add Member, type in their email address or name, and click on Add.
Manage Team Permissions
To view or change permission settings:
- Click on More options [...] next to the Team name and select Manage team. [see screenshot]
- Click the Settings tab at the top menu. [see screenshot]
You can manage a variety of permissions from this area, such as:
- members' ability to create private channels
- ability to edit and delete messages
- who can use Mentions
- who can create new Tabs
- enabling GIFs and stickers