There are a few ways that notifications work in Teams and you have options to customize what you will receive and how.
By default, you will only receive a notification when:
- Someone mentions you in a post
- Mentions the whole team
- You choose to follow a channel for all updates.
Set Notification Preferences
- Click on your profile in the upper-right corner of the Teams window.
- Click on Settings. (see screenshot)
- Select Notifications and choose your preferences.
Mention a person or team
When posting in a channel, use the "@" symbol followed by the name of a person or the name of the team. This will send a notification to that person or team based on their preferences. (see screenshot)
Follow a channel
If you follow a channel, you will be notified of all posts even if you were not mentioned. To follow a channel, click on the "..." next to the channel name and select Follow this channel. (see screenshot)