Skype for Business - Mastering Meetings
Microsoft Skype for Business makes scheduling and holding online meetings easy and is ideal for meetings with others at KU. Using Outlook, you can schedule an online meeting with up to up to 250 people. By the end of the class, you will better understand how to schedule, prepare for, and start online Skype for Business meetings. Classes may be offered in person or virtually using Skype for Business.
You should have a basic knowledge of how to use Skype for Business, including navigating the interface, adding contacts, using instant messaging, and adding voice and video.
By the end of class, you will learn how to schedule and invite people to meetings with Skype. You will also learn the controls available to both hosts and participants of meetings, including sharing screens, mute/unmute, and chat features, and recording meetings.
For this course, you will need your KU Online ID and password. You will also need a headset. If you are joining an instructor-led course, the instructor will have headsets available if needed.
By the end of this course:
- How to schedule an online Skype for Business meeting
- How to specify advanced options for Skype for Business meetings to limit participation, presenters, etc.
- How to prepare for a Skype for Business meeting
- Setting up and starting a Skype for Business meeting
- Options while conducting the meeting
- Presenting content
- Wrapping up a Skype for Business meeting
- How to distribute a recording
- What are Skype Meetings?
- General meeting best practices
- Scheduling a meeting
- Outlook calendar plugin
- Inviting attendees
- Getting set up for a meeting
- Testing audio and video
- Starting a meeting
- Conducting a meeting
- Sharing content
- Muting and unmuting
- Ending the meeting
- Distributing recordings