What is Spark Post?
Adobe Spark is a free online and mobile graphic design app. With Adobe Spark you don't have to be a professional designer to create professional looking graphics for social or email distribution in minutes. Projects are automatically synced across the web or the iOS apps so you can work whenever, wherever.
Create Branded Content
KU faculty, staff and students have access to premium Spark features which means you can add your brand to each post, video or page you create! Brand information can include multiple logos, fonts and colors that you upload or specifiy. To start branding your media:
- Log in to Adobe Spark using your computer and favorite browser.
- Select Manage Brand.
- Choose one of the icons on the left to start adding logos, colors and fonts.
Keep in Mind
- Content created in Spark is tied to an individual's account. This makes it hard to co-author content as a department or team. Content can be downloaded and shared, but not edited by multiple indiduals.
- You can create posts by selecting a template or starting from scratch.
- It’s possible to add icons, pictures, and/or text to any post, page or video. You can either upload your own images or use content fron the Creative Commons. Only photos that are available for use under a Creative Commons license will be displayed; with use of these images, a credits screen and citation of photo sources will automatically be added at the end of the presentation.
You can create a Spark Post through a browser or on your mobile device using a template or starting from scratch.
- Sign in at spark.adobe.com in your favorite browser or open the Adobe Spark Page app from your mobile device. (Need help signing in? Check out the sign in information here.)
- Select the + sign.
- Choose to start from a template or from scratch.
- Select a size of graphic to create or enter custom dimensions.
- Choose a solid color, photo or pattern to add to your post.
- Add additional content by clicking the + sign. You can add text, photos, icons and logos.
- Explore different variations of your graphic by selecting the Design button. Additionally, you can change the layout, colors or resize your graphic using the respective buttons.
- From a mobile device only, you can add subtle animation effects to your graphic by selecting the effects button.
Posts are can be shared through a number of social media sites, email or saved to your mobile device. Select the Share button to get started.