Microsoft Planner is a web-based tool designed for teams to create, assign, and oversee delegated tasks. Planner integrates with other Microsoft products, so owners in Microsoft Teams and SharePoint can create plans within those applications.
To access the Planner app from Office 365 landing page
Log into office365.ku.edu, then click on the Planner app. If you don't see Planner listed, click on All Apps to search. [see screenshot]
Add a Planner tab to Teams
Click on the add sign + in the tabs area and choose Planner. [see screenshot]
Add a Plan to SharePoint
Click +New in menu from the homepage and choose Plan. [see screenshot]
Once you have created a plan, click Add task. From here, you can create task name, set due date, assign a person/people to the task.
For additional options, click on the task card to expand.
- New options include change bucket lists, progress, priority, notes, attachments, comments
- Add checklist items: In expanded card under Checklist, click on Add an item to rename > press the return key. If you want to view and manage the checklist on the outside of the card, click Show on card. [see screenshot]
Labels help you color-code your tasks based on priority level, themes, etc. [see screenshot]
- With the card expanded, hover over labels to open
- Click on label text to rename
- Click on the checkmark to assign the label to the task
Remove a Plan from the Planner app
Note: Deleting a plan will delete all tasks and contents associated with the Plan and cannot be restored.
- Log in to office65.ku.edu and click on the Planner app.
- Click on the plan you want to delete.
- Click the ellipses […] to reveal a dropdown menu. [see screenshot]
- Select Plan Settings.
- Click Delete this plan.
- Select the box to show you understand you will lose all content associated with this Plan.
- Click Delete.
Remove a Planner tab from Teams
To remove the Planner tab
- Click on the tab.
- Click on the down arrow to reveal the menu.
- Choose Remove, then choose Remove from the next window. [see screenshot]
To permanently delete the plan with all associated tasks, select the box, then click Remove. [see screenshot]
Remove a Plan from SharePoint
Currently, the only way to delete a plan created from SharePoint is through the Planner app.
- Filter: You can manage your tasks through the Filter and Group by Bucket filters at the top-right of your screen. [see screenshot]
- Schedules: At the top-left of your screen, you have tools that will give you a view of the progress of the tasks you manage as well as see a calendar view of due dates for all of the tasks you assigned. [see screenshot]
- Charts: View the progress of tasks at a glance. [see screenshot]
You can add a plan to your Outlook your calendar, which will show under Other Calendar in the left pane:
- Open the your plan from the Planner app.
- Click on the More options [...] then click on Add plan to Outlook calendar [see screenshot]
- Click on the radio button next to Publish, then click Add to Outlook. [see screenshot]
To remove a plan from your Outlook calendar, follow the steps above, but click on the radio button next to Unpublish.