Microsoft 365 is the online cloud-based suite that includes simplified, online versions of popular Microsoft software. You can use Microsoft 365 to share and collaborate with people inside and outside your organization. You can access and edit these documents at the same time as others using either the online version or the full desktop software.
You have access to Microsoft 365, which includes OneDrive, OneNote, SharePoint, Teams, and Microsoft apps like Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. You can install Microsoft 365 on up to 5 personal devices:
- Go to Microsoft 365 landing page and log-in using your user ID an password
- Click on Install Office
- Choose Microsoft 365 apps
- Use Microsoft Online to view and edit Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote files in a web browser
- Store documents in Microsoft 365 and access them seamlessly in Microsoft desktop applications as old as Office 2007
- Access and edit documents from your phone, tablet, or other mobile device
- Collaborate on Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote files, including simultaneous co-authoring
Note: The online version of Microsoft does not contain all of the features of the desktop software. For a list of the differences, see Microsoft's Online Service Description Page.
There are number of other productivity apps available to your that help you collect data, book meetings, organize tasks for yourself and oversee the tasks of others, create automated processes, etc.
To see descriptions on the Microsoft App Landing page, go to the bottom left edge of the site and click on All Apps.
Join Teams for Microsoft 365 for New Features & Updates
Updates and new features for Microsoft 365 apps can be found in our public team, KU Teams User Group. A channel in this team is dedicated to Microsoft 365 apps. Members are invited to ask questions and share information.
- Go to Teams
- Select Join or Create a Team
- All public teams will be listed in the interface
- Select KU Teams User Group
If you need assistance joining the team, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will add you to this team.
Learn How to Use Microsoft 365
There are several workshops that cover Microsoft 365 apps, which can be found on our Workshops web site.
If you are interested in learning more about an app not offered in a workshop, our training team can provide desk side assistance for the following apps:
Contact our team for deskside support.
Compare OneDrive, SharePoint, Teams
Some of Microsoft's apps have same or similar features and it can be challenging to know which app to use when. Check out our video to help explain the similaries and differences.