You can create a Spark Video through a browser or on your iOS device using a template and story guide or starting from scratch.
- Sign in at spark.adobe.com in your favorite browser or open the Adobe Spark Page app from your iOS device. (Need help signing in? Check out the sign in information here.)
- Select the + sign.
- Choose to start from a template or from scratch.
- Select the + sign to add content. You can add videos, text, photos or icons.
- Record your own audio or voiceover on the slide by selecting the microphone button .
- Add additional content to your video by selecing the + sign near the slide list.
- Change the duration of a slide in your video by setting the timer at the bottom of the slide.
- Change the slide's layout, theme, size, or music using the respective buttons.
- Preview your video by selecting the Preview from a browser or the Play button on your iOS device.button.
Videos are shared by generating a public view-only sharable link, posting to social media, generating an embed code or downloading an mp4. Select the Share button to get started. You can add author and title information and choose a category. You can update your Adobe Spark Video without changing the link, but be sure to update your link after making changes.
What is Spark Video?
Adobe Spark is a free online and mobile graphic design app. With Adobe Spark you don't have to be a professional videographer to create professional looking videos for social or email distribution in minutes. Projects are automatically synced across the web or the iOS apps so you can work whenever, wherever.
Create Branded Content
KU faculty, staff and students have access to premium Spark features which means you can add your brand to each post, video or page you create! Brand information can include multiple logos, fonts and colors that you upload or specifiy. To start branding your media:
- Log in to Adobe Spark using your computer and favorite browser.
- Select Manage Brand.
- Choose one of the icons on the left to start adding logos, colors and fonts.
Keep in Mind
- Content created in Spark is tied to an individual's account. This makes it hard to co-author content as a department or team. Content can be downloaded and shared, but not edited by multiple indiduals.
- You can only create Spark Videos using a computer and browser or an iOS Device.
- You can create videos by selecting a template or starting from scratch.
- Videos are created by adding multiple slides to play content together.
- Spark Video does not have advanced video edting tools such as adjusting the clip speed.
- You can use videos created from your phone or using any MP4 file.
- Themes in Spark Video determine font, color, and transitions. Colors can be remixed and music can be changed, but transitions and fonts can not be edited.
- You can add audio directly into each slide.
- You can use the music library from Adobe available through Spark.
- It’s possible to add icons, pictures, and/or text to any post, page or video. You can either upload your own images or use content fron the Creative Commons. Only photos that are available for use under a Creative Commons license will be displayed; with use of these images, a credits screen and citation of photo sources will automatically be added at the end of the presentation.