The tasks app offers to ability to create and track project tasks, and also assign those tasks to members of the site.
How to add the tasks app
- Click on the Settings icon and select Add an app.
- From the list, click on Tasks.
- Give the task list a name and click Create.
- From the Site contents page, click on the task list you just created.
- The Task app will now appear in the Quick Launch under Recent. To add it permanently to the Quick Launch, click EDIT LINKS and drag and drop the link to the desired location.
How to add a task to the list
- Open the tasks list.
- Click + new task.
- Enter the details and assign to a user
- Click Ok.
How to manage a task
- Open the tasks app
- Hover over a task and click the ellipsis [...] icon to the right of the task name.
- Open will show more details for the task, Add to timeline will add the task to the visual timeline above the list, Create subtask will create a subtask of the main task. [see screenshot]
- Click Open, then click Edit task to make changes and log progress. [see screenshot]
- To mark a task as complete, check the box next to it in the tasks list. [see screenshot]
How to add a task to Outlook tasks
- Click on calendar
- From the calendar view, click on the List tab at the top
- Click Connect to Outlook > Open Outlook
The tasks you connect from SharePoint will be listed in the left panel under Other Tasks