Calendars in SharePoint
Calendars are great for keeping track of team events, meetings, and projects. Multiple calendars can be added to the team site and can also be synced to your Outlook calendar.
How to add a calendar to a site:
- Click on the Settings icon and select Add an app. [see screenshot]
- From the list, click on Calendar.
- Give the calendar a name and click Create.
- This will take you to the Site Contents page. Find the calendar in the list and click the name of the calendar.
How to add events to a calendar:
- Option one, click on the day and click the Add button.
- Option two, click the Events tab and click New Event. [see screenshot]
- Enter the details of the event, if it's a series check the box for recurring event.
- Click Save.
How to sync a calendar to Outlook:
Note: the calendar only syncs from SharePoint to Outlook, it does not sync from Outlook to SharePoint.