Department Email Accounts
Departmental email accounts are owned by the department or team, for example email@example.com.
Benefits of Department Email Accounts
- A departmental account email address can be used on brochures, web pages, letterhead, etc. If staff changes, you won't have to reprint this material.
- People who want to contact an office don't need to know the name of the person doing a particular task in order to send email to your office.
- Messages in the departmental account are available year-after-year, which eases transition issues as staffing changes occur.
- Messages can be answered in a timely manner because multiple individuals will have access to the account.
- Email sent to the departmental account will not count against personal mailbox limits. The departmental account mailbox has its own 2 GB storage limit.
How to add a department mailbox to Outlook
The KU Knowledgebase Articles below will guide you through adding your department account inbox to your Outlook.