How can I get a list of all of the members?
Request a list of members by email:
- Send an email to (list name)-firstname.lastname@example.org. Replace (list name) with the name of your list.
- In the subject line, type who(admin password). Replace (admin password) with the password to log in to the admin panel. [see screenshot]
Note: You may have to change the private_roster setting under the Privacy Options > Subscription Rules section of the admin pages. If the private_roster setting is set to "List members," you must be subscribed to the list for these instructions to work. If you are an owner but not a subscriber, the private_roster setting needs to be set to "List admin only" or "Anyone." (If set to "Anyone," do not include the password in the "who" command.)
View the list in the admin panel:
- Go to the admin panel at https://www.lists.ku.edu/admin/(list name).
- Login in with the admin password; sent by email when the list was created.
- Open a second browser tab and go to https://www.lists.ku.edu/roster/(list name).
Can I send commands through email?
There are a limited number of commands that can be sent to the list through email. To send a command to the list:
- Draft an email to (list name)-email@example.com. For example, if the list was firstname.lastname@example.org then it would be email@example.com.
- In the subject line, include one of the following commands.
- subscribe - this subscribes the email address that sent the command.
- subscribe address=(email address) - this subscribes the email address listed in the command, not the email address that sent it.
- unsubscribe - unsubscribe the email address that sent the command.
- unsubscribe address=(email address) - this unsubscribes the specified email address, not the email address that sent the command.
- Send the email.
Is there a limit to the amount of recipients for a message?
Will I be notifiied when a list member unsubscribes?
- Log in to the admin panel at https://lists.ku.edu/admin/(list name).
- Go to General Options in the Notifications group.
- Select Yes or No for "Should administrator get notices of subscribes and unsubscribes?".
- Click Submit your changes.
When list members leave KU, will they be removed from the Mailman list automatically?
How do I turn on or off moderator approval for my list?
Moderator approval allows a list owner to approve messages before being sent to the list. To change the setting:
- Sign in to the admin panel at https:/www.lists.ku.edu/admin/(list name).
- Click on Membership management. [see screenshot]
- Below the list of members, is the option to set Moderation bit for all members. Select On or Off and click Set. [see screenshot].
- Individual members can also be set for moderation. In Membership management, check the box for who needs to be approved before emailing the list. [see screenshot]