The Request files feature is currently available in OneDrive for Business, but is not available in SharePoint. With this feature, you can select a folder where others can upload files using a link that you send them. The users that you request files from do not need to have a OneDrive account to upload files, and they cannot see what's in the folder - they can only upload files to it.
Request files from others
- Open your OneDrive for Business.
- Hover over the folder you want to add files to and click the far-left circle to select. [see screenshot]
- Click Request files from the top menu. [see screenshot]
- Enter a descriptive name of the files you're collecting.
- Click Next.
- You can click Copy link and send it via email to the people you need files from or enter their email addresses to send via OneDrive.
- Click Done.
Recipients will select a button to upload the file(s). If the recipient isn't signed in to Microsoft, they will need to add their first and last name as a way to identify the uploaded files. If they are signed in, the identity is recorded as part of the upload.
Stop requesting files
Once you've received the files you need, you can delete the link.