Team Sites are internal sites best used to share documents and collaborate. Sites are organized in to a Site Collection which is created by KU IT. Once a site collection is created, a site owner can create new sites in their collection as needed.
The links on the left provide more information on managing and working within a team site.
Request a new site collection from KU IT
For more information and to request a site collection, please see the Site Request Information page.
How to create a new site
The initial site will be created by KU Information Technology from an existing site template. From there, the site owner can modify the site and create multiple subsites.
- Sign in to mycommunity.ku.edu and go to the initial team site.
- Click the settings icon and select Site contents from the list. [see screenshot]
- At the bottom of the page, click new subsite found under the Subsites header. [see screenshot]
- Enter the Title, Description and URL for the new site. [see screenshot]
- Select Team Site for the template
- Set up permissions as needed
- Click Create.