Adobe Acrobat DC - Essentials
Adobe Acrobat DC is a software program widely used to make and edit Adobe PDF (Portable Document Format) files. PDF (Portable Document Format) files are sharable across platforms and devices, eliminating such problems as computer system differences or font availability. In this session, you will discover how to navigate PDFs, make changes to existing documents using the Acrobat editing tools, learn how to add comments, and use the markup and stamp tools. Additional topics include working with bookmarks and exporting information from existing PDFs into other formats.
You should have basic computing skills (i.e. using a mouse and keyboard, formatting text, and saving and organizing files).
By the end of class, you will learn how to navigate the Adobe Acrobat interface and take advantage of panels, such as the page thumbnail panel. You will also learn quick methods for rearranging, combining, and extracting PDF documents. Through demonstrations and/or activities, you will understand how to add comments, highlight text, and make text edits.
For this course, you will need access to an active KU Online ID.
By the end of the course, attendees will be able to:
- Understand how to navigate and modify PDF documents using the Page thumbnail panel
- Experiment with editing the content of the document
- Practice adding comments and stamps as part of a review or other business process
- Learn alternative methods for creating PDF documents and exporting information from Acrobat into other formats
- See an overview of other useful tools, including bookmarks, changing the way a document is initially viewed, signing documents, and creating forms
- Tour & Terminology
- What is Acrobat Pro?
- How do I get it?
- Quick tools toolbar à right click to customize
- Combining and Rearranging PDFs using the Page thumbnail panel
- Moving, copying, deleting and replacing pages
- Extract a selection of pages
- Insert a selection of pages
- Replace a selection of pages
- Rotating pages
- Comments & Review
- Only meant for small edits
- Finding words and phrases
- Content Editing Tools
- Commenting Tools
- Time stamp
- Digital Signature
- Extracting and Converting
- Exporting text and images
- Exporting to Word & Excel
- Opening in Word & Excel
- Creating PDFs
- Combine a selection of PDFs
- Scanning to PDF
- Printing/Saving to PDF in Word, Excel, Web.
- Creating PDFs from within Acrobat Pro
- Creating PDF from Website
- Creating a PDF from an Email
- Other useful tools:
- Initial view
- Password protecting a PDF
- Wrap up