Email Migration 2020
All KU email accounts will move to Microsoft’s Office 365 cloud service this semester to take advantage of additional features and enhanced security. There are numerous benefits for you, including increased storage space and better integration with Office 365 applications. The campuswide migration will begin in early March and could extend through the end of the semester.
This change brings significant benefits for you and the university, including:
- Significantly increased email storage quotas.
- Better integration with SharePoint, OneDrive and other Office 365 applications.
- Enhanced security against phishing and other threats.
- Improved Outlook web access.
- Continued access to email in the case of a campus network disruption.
- A cost savings over time for the university.
KU IT staff have conducted extensive research, planning and testing over the past six months, including moving all KU IT staff accounts to the cloud. We are confident this change will be largely seamless and will enhance your satisfaction with your KU email account. However, you may see minor disruptions as the migration is occurring.
While this is a significant step for the KU email system itself, you should see little change to how you use and access email after your account is migrated. We understand you may have questions and concerns, and we invite you to contact us at email@example.com or 785-864-8080 if you have questions or concerns.
We look forward to supporting you and all students, faculty and staff through this important change.
|View our Email to the Cloud Townhall (2/27/20)|